Determining if an Accelerator is Right For You with Lisa Besserman of Expa
On episode 9 of the Founders Forward Podcast, we welcome Lisa Besserman. Lisa Besserman is the Managing Director at Expa — an accelerator based in Austin, TX dedicated to supporting pre-seed companies.
Lisa started her career as an economist but ultimately found her way to founding Startup Buenos Aires — an accelerator located in Buenos Aires to help support startups in Latin America. Since then, Lisa has made the move to Expa where is the managing director of their accelerator. Between her time at Startup Buenos Aires and Expa, Lisa has a wealth of knowledge related to all things company building, fundraising, and leading — especially at the early stages.
What You Can Expect to Learn from Lisa
- How founders can best connect with investors
- How to determine if an accelerator is right for your business
- What kind of companies Expa is interested in funding
- Why founders should try their best for a warm intro
- What she likes to see in a cold email
- How to determine how much to raise
- What she thinks the future of VC looks like