How to Raise Crowdfunding with Cheryl Campos of Republic
On episode 7 of the Founders Forward Podcast we welcome Cheryl Campos, Head of Venture Growth and Partnerships at Republic. Republic is a crowdfunding platform for startups. It allows founders to access a wide range of angel investors and small check investors. Cheryl has been there for 3+ years and has watched the market transform and become a popular funding option for startups.
Cheryl started at Harvard and went into banking but eventually landed at Republic. Over the course of her 3 years at Republic (even in just the last 90 days) the crowdfunding market has radically changed as more individuals are able to invest.
Our CEO, Mike Preuss, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Cheryl. You can give the full episode a listen below (or in any of your favorite podcast apps).
What You Can Expect to Learn from Cheryl
- How she went from banking to working for a startup
- How recent regulation changes have impacted crowdfunding
- What kind of companies generally succeed on Republic
- How the rates are structured at Republic
- How founders can leverage their crowd investors
- The importance of network effects
- How “community” is reshaping go-to-market and marketing
The Founders Forward is Produced by Visible
Our platforms helps thousands of founders update investors, track key metrics, and raise capital. Try Visible free for 14 days.