"The most successful fund managers are going to be the ones who are really authentic to what is important to them and they make sure every attribute of their model reflects that authenticity." - Gale Wilkinson
About the Webinar
Markdowns and lack of LP distributions resulted in a challenging fundraising year for many VCs. The firms that did close new funds in 2023 had to put in extra work to stand out and foster confidence from new investors.
Visible had the pleasure of hosting Gale Wilkinson from VITALIZE Venture Capital on Tuesday, January 30th to discuss what she learned while closing her second fund in Q4 of 2023.
You can view the webinar recording below.
This webinar was designed for people working in Venture Capital who want to learn more about the VC fundraising process.
Webinar topics included:
- Overview of VITALIZE's fundraising process
- Pre-fundraising activities that made a difference
- How LP diligence differed between Fund I and Fund II
- How Gale leverages social media to build both her personal and professional brand
- Reviewing VITALIZE's fundraising pitch deck
- Advice for GP's raising in 2024
You can view the presentation deck here.
- Expect raising your first and second fund to take 2-3 years
- Stay authentic to what's most important to you as a fund manager and what you're great at. Make sure every attribute of that model reflects your authenticity.
- Most GP decks are too long. Gale's advice --> Find out what about your story is most interesting and give enough information to make it extremely clear about who you are and what you do without going into confidential information.