What We Learned From Don Brown About Starting 6 Companies (and Successfully Exiting 3)
On episode 9 of the Founders Forward Podcast we welcome Don Brown, Founder and CEO of LifeOmic. Prior to starting LifeOmic, Don started 6 companies with his first being acquired by GM in 1986 and his most recent, Interactive Intelligence, being acquired for $1.4B in 2016. Since the acquisition Don has turned to his passion of medicine and the medical field by founding LifeOmic (and LIFE Apps). LifeOmic is a single platform that “activates precision health and wellness.”
Even though Don has started 6 companies he might actually have more knowledge in intermittent fasting and health. Through his studies at John Hopkins and the introduction of the LIFE Fasting Tracking, Don has become a true expert on all things fasting.
Our CEO, Mike Preuss, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Don. You can give the full episode a listen below (or in any of your favorite podcast apps).
What You Can Expect to Learn from Don:
- What he learned from starting 6 companies
- What he learned from navigating the dot-com bust, the Great Recession, and COVID-19.
- The importance of knowing the job to be done
- Why intermittent fasting isn’t just “another diet craze”
- Why intermittent stresses are good for your body
- The benefits of intermittent fasting
- How you should think about setting up a fasting schedule
The Founders Forward is Produced by Visible
Our platforms helps thousands of founders update investors, track key metrics, and raise capital. Try Visible free for 14 days.