How to Get Started with Product Led Growth Featuring Kyle Poyar of OpenView
On episode 5 of the Founders Forward Podcast we welcome Kyle Poyar, VP of Growth at OpenView Ventures. OpenView Ventures is an expansion stage venture firm with an extreme focus on software (SaaS) companies. Unique to OpenView is their team of in-house experts, like Kyle, that portfolio companies can call on to help tackle a growth issue. OpenView coined the term product-led growth. If there is one person that knows the ins and outs of PLG, it’s Kyle.
As Kyle and the team at OpenView continue to help SaaS companies grow and become market leaders he has seen it all. From the early days of defining PLG and the impact of COVID-19 Kyle is full of first-hand stories and the data to back it up. In addition to learning the basics of PLG we had the opportunity to dive into OpenView’s annual SaaS survey, the 2020 Expansion SaaS Benchmarks Survey, and uncover trends in 2020 and discuss what lies ahead for 2021.
Mike Preuss, CEO of Visible, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Kyle. You can give the full episode a listen below (or in any of your favorite podcast apps).
What You Can Expect to Learn From Kyle:
- Define and understand product-led growth
- Why PLG is more a “dimmer switch” than an “on or off switch”
- How public PLG companies are performing
- What channels perform the best for PLG companies
- Why PLG companies are extremely good at SEO
- Why PLG companies start growing most efficiently at $5M ARR
- How to compensate product leaders
- How to find the right VCs for your business
The Founders Forward is Produced by Visible
Our platforms helps thousands of founders update investors, track key metrics, and raise capital. Try Visible free for 14 days.