On episode 10 of the Founders Forward Podcast, we welcome Gale Wilkinson. Gale is the Managing Partner at Vitalize Ventures — “an early-stage fund & angel community investing in software focused on future of work and future of learning.”
Before starting Vitalize, Gale started her career in venture capital at Irish Angels. Gale is one of our favorite follows on Twitter where she shares tactical tips for founders on fundraising. She joins us to break down some of her most popular threads on Twitter and offers countless takeaways to help early-stage founders fundraise — covering everything from list building to ownership benchmarks.
Our CEO, Mike Preuss, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Gale. You can give the full episode a listen below (Or listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or any standard podcast player):
What You Can Expect to Learn from Gale:
- How VC has changed over the last 10 years
- Why Vitalize is launching an angel group
- Why list building is vital to a successful fundraise
- How many investors a founder should expect to talk to during a raise
- What catches her eye in a cold email from a founder
- What she looks for in a pitch deck
- Why she cares about financial modeling at the early stages
- Gale’s Twitter
- Gale’s LinkedIn
- Vitalize’s Visible Connect Profile
- [Thread] Gale on Cold Emails
- [Thread] Gale on Data Rooms
- [Blog] How Long Does Fundraising Take?
The Founders Forward is Produced by Visible
Our platforms helps thousands of founders update investors, track key metrics, and raise capital. Try Visible free for 14 days.