How Starting Line Helps Founders Address Their Mental Health with Ezra Galston
On episode 5, season 2 of the Founders Forward Podcast, we welcome Ezra Galston. Ezra is the founder and partner at Starting Line, a consumer-focused VC fund located in Chicago.
As someone who has faced the ups and downs of being a founder (plus the stresses of fundraising), Ezra and the team at Starting Line has made mental health a focus. Every founder in the Starting Line portfolio receives a subsidy for “their first three sessions of therapy, executive coaching, or co-founder counseling (up to $200 each).” Ezra joins the Founders Forward to break down fundraising, founder health, and the consumer market/what excites the team at Starting Line.
Our CEO, Mike Preuss, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Ezra. You can give the full episode a listen below:
What You Can Expect to Learn from Ezra:
- How a founder and board’s focus changes from early stages to later stage
- How venture fundraising differs for the “haves” and “have nots”
- How Ezra’s experiencing raising capital has impacted how he views fundraising
- Why Starting Line has a focus on their portfolio founder’s mental health
- How Starting Line subsidizes mental health sessions
- Why fundraising is a relationship-based activity
- Why he likes plenty of context before a meeting with a founder
- Ezra’s Twitter
- The Starting Line Operating Manual
- Starting Line’s Visible Connect Profile
The Founders Forward is Produced by Visible
Our platforms helps thousands of founders update investors, track key metrics, and raise capital. Try Visible free for 14 days.