Our 6 Favorite Blogs for Growing Your Startup
In the “world of startups” there is endless amounts of content being published every day. It can be a daunting task determining what sources can be trusted. While curating a list of of our favorite content on a weekly basis for our newsletter, we have come across tons of content and wanted to share 6 blogs we have found to be incredibly valuable and reliable. We hope our list can help cancel out the noise and surface resources to help you fundraise, scale, and hire for your startup.
Point Nine Capital is an early stage venture capital firm focused on SaaS and online marketplaces based in Berlin. Point Nine writers offer a unique perspective from the “VC” side of things and share many of their thought processes and benchmarks for evaluating investments.
Our favorite posts from Point Nine Land:
- Deconstructing VC’s Decision Making Frameworks
- The Top 3 Things Investors are Looking for in SaaS Startups
- An Early Stage Founders Guide to Working with VCs — 5 Part Series
Led by Jason Lemkin, Co-founder & CEO of EchoSign, SaaStr features daily blog posts from Jason’s (and other SaaStr writers) journey scaling and selling EchoSign. Posts cover everything from leadership lessons to breaking down Customer Lifetime Value.
Our favorite posts from SaaStr:
- How to Gracefully Miss a Quarter. And Take the Right Steps Afterwards.
- You Need to Know Where You Stand with Your Investors. Your Investor NPS.
- Why Lead Velocity Rate (LVR) is the Most Important Metric in SaaS
High Alpha is a Venture Studio based in Indianapolis. The team (and writers) at High Alpha is made up of experienced entrepreneurs, operators, and investors. The High Alpha blog is a great tool box for finding resources to scaling your enterprise software business from $10M to $100M and beyond.
Our favorite posts from High Alpha:
- The Art of Storytelling
- What Every Startup Employee Should Know About Finance
- The (Second) Greatest Sales Deck and Pitch I’ve Ever Seen
Tomasz Tunguz is a Partner at Redpoint Ventures. On his personal blog, Tomasz publishes a daily blog post. Often data-driven and more technical the posts are a great way to get the bottom of key questions most startups face on a daily basis.
Our favorite posts from Tomasz Tunguz:
- Clarity of Purpose – The Competitive Advantage of Focus
- The 10 Most Important Metrics in a Startup’s Financial Statements
- Premoney vs. Postmoney – Which is a Better Technique for Negotiating?
Brad Feld, Co-founder of Foundry Group, has been in entrepreneurship and venture capital for 30+ years. In his personal blog, Feld Thoughts, Brad writes a daily post with current happenings in venture capital and shares experiences from his time in the industry.
Our favorite posts from Feld Thoughts:
- Hotshot Advice on Raising Venture Capital
- The Ideal Financial Reporting Tempo for a VC-Backed Company
- Founders – Use Your Down Round to Clean Up Your Cap Table
Both Sides of the Table is the personal blog of Upfront Venture’s, Mark Suster. The blog focuses on “both sides of the table” as Mark is a 2x founder and investor himself.
Our favorite posts from Both Sides of the Table: