Reading List: Updating Your Investors
A curated list of our favorite content for leveraging your investors and distributing your most vital qualitative and quantitative data.
- Angel investor Paul Arnold writing for First Round Review gives founders a checklist and some tips to get the most out of their investor relationships.
- Samir Kaji, angel investor and VC/tech advisor, advises founders to invest in their investor updates to help untangle from the weeds and foster trust through transparency.
- David Lee of SV Angel has penned this great post on Updating Your Investors.
- Dharmesh Shah writes on the OnStartups.com blog about The Why and How Of Updating Your Angel Investors.
- Hunter Walk gives some insights into Homebrew’s first annual LP meeting, “Investors Updating Their Investors”.
- Matrix Partner Josh Hannah writes on how to Treat your Angels Right.
- Drawing from 20 years of entrepreneurial experience, Jason Calacanis shares why investor reports are so important.
- Alex Turnbull, CEO of Groove, gives four great reasons why frequent investor updates are important.
- Brenden Mulligan says that time is not an excuse for seed stage founders when it comes to investor updates.
- Would your investors recommend you to employees, other investors, and key partners? If not, you need to work on improving your Investor Net Promoter Score.
From the Visible Foreword:
- Unconventional Tips for Better Board Meetings - Michael Brown, Managing Partner at Bowery Capital, shares four tips from personal experience that can help liven up your next board meeting.
- The VC/Company Relationship - Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures discusses the major changes in the relationship between VCs and companies since the 90s.
- The 7 Best Pieces of Business Advice I Was Given - Jason Lemkin of SaaStr shares his most valuable lessons from his two stints as a startup CEO.
- Congrats, You've Just Secured Funding. Now What? - The team at Lighter Capital lays out the first steps a company should take following a fresh round of funding.
- How to Break Bad News to Investors - Micah Rosenbloom, Partner at Founder Collective, discusses the importance of breaking bad news to investors and lays out an actionable plan for sharing your down months.
- Looking to Impress Investors? Founders Must Answer These 3 Questions - Scott Maxwell lays out the 3 questions that founders must be able to answer when talking to potential investors.