On episode 8 of the Founders Forward Podcast, we welcome Anne Dwane. Anne is the partner and co-founder at Village Global — an early-stage venture capital firm backed by successful entrepreneurs.
Anne has a unique perspective on the VC space as she founded her first successful startup, Military.com, in the 1990s. After Military.com, Anne founded a startup later acquired by Chegg where she helped scale as they went public. Anne joins us to share what she has learned from time in the space. We discuss who founders should look to for advice, the thought process behind the roster of Village Global’s LPs, and how founders can build a fundraising process.
Our CEO, Mike Preuss, had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Anne. You can give the full episode a listen below:
What You Can Expect to Learn from Anne:
- What Anne learned from helping scale Chegg
- How the startup world has transformed since her time founding Military.com in the 90s
- Why founders should look for a “thought partner”
- Why founders funding founders is a good thing
- How to build a fundraising process
- What she likes to see in a cold email from a founder
- Anne’s Twitter
- Anne’s LinkedIn
- The Village Global application
- Village Global’s Visible Connect Profile
The Founders Forward is Produced by Visible
Our platforms helps thousands of founders update investors, track key metrics, and raise capital. Try Visible free for 14 days.