As many companies are transitioning to remote work for the first time it is normal to feel overwhelmed. Getting used to the social norms of working from home can be odd for…
Mike’s Note #4 — All the Stuff I Got Wrong in 2019
I recently came across a viral post, “All the Stuff I Got Wrong in 2019”. I took a look at the byline and realized it was written by one of our customers — Sharmadean, the…
I recently came across a viral post, “All the Stuff I Got Wrong in 2019”. I took a look at the byline and realized it was written by one of our customers — Sharmadean, the founder of Beautystack in London! As I read on, I kept nodding my head. I loved Sharmadean’s post for a couple reasons:
- I made many of the same mistakes when starting Visible. In particular, I think staying small until you have some semblance of product-market fit is key.
- It’s candid and honest. Particularly point seven about isolation. The more founders open up and become more vulnerable, the more we can support one another.
- She celebrates what she did right! Over the past 12 months I’ve been deliberate about being proud of the work we do, celebrating wins and smiling along the way. It is easy to get bogged down with what is going wrong…shit is always hitting the fan.
What is one thing you did right in the last 12 months? What is one mistake you want other founders to learn from?
Previous Weekly Notes
- Is debt the new black? Not a ton of activity from the audience. A bit of a swing and a miss for #3. That is ok, still experimenting!
- Sharmadean mentions in her first point about raising too much. Make sure to check out the first note, Raising too much? if you haven’t yet!